Patient Rights and Responsibilities
It is important to us that our patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities, which are protected by State and Commonwealth laws
We are committed to ensuring we meet the principles and guidelines of the Privacy Act and the Australian Charter of Health Rights.
As our patient, you have the right to:
- Privacy and confidentiality of any personal information.
- Safe and high-quality care
- Be informed about services, treatment options and costs in a clear and open manner
- to comment on your care and to have any concerns addressed
- Referrals to other services
- Participation in the planning of their care.
As our patient, you have a responsibility to:
- Provide accurate medical and personal information
- Respect the rights of other patients
- Follow all instructions given by doctors and nursing staff
- Provide health fund details prior to admission or alternatively, provide full payment on admission.
Parramatta Eye Hospital is committed to being a leader in the eye care industry. We are continually assessing our facilities, processes and procedures in an effort to improve our patient’s experience. If you have been unsatisfied in any way with our service or facilities we welcome any feedback.